HEAL INDIGESTION WITH PEPPERMINT LEAF TINCTURE
Peppermint Leaf is a powerful herb known for its soothing digestive relief properties. Studies show peppermint aids digestion, relieves nervous insomnia, stress, anxiety, and restlessness, and is a strong antioxidant. Peppermint is an antispasmodic (prevents spasms), antimicrobial, and carminative (relieves flatulence).
It is known to prevent and alleviate bloating, gas, cramping, IBS, and bacterial infections; relieve nausea, morning and motion sickness, vomiting, heartburn, and acid reflux; soothe colic; and decrease swelling in the mouth and throat. Take daily to relieve your digestive system.
- Canadian-grown, regenerative organic Mentha x piperita (Peppermint) leaves.
- Distilled Yukon mountain-spring water, and Certified organic ethanol alcohol.
- Shake well before use.
- Adults: 1.5-2mL, 3 times daily. Children: 0.5-1.0mL, 3 times daily.
- Take Peppermint Leaf with water on an empty stomach. We suggest first thing in the morning as the blood will absorb the extract quicker and will improve results.
- Avoid taking Peppermint tincture within 30 minutes of taking caffeine as it reduces efficacy.
- 50mL and 100mL bottles come with graduated droppers.
- 250mL and 500mL bottles come with screw caps only. If you would like to add a complimentary empty 50mL bottle for dosing, please note this in your "Special instructions for seller" at checkout.
DID YOU KNOW? Peppermint Leaf has been used as a stomach soother for indigestion since Ancient Egyptian times. In fact, dried peppermint leaves have been found in Egyptian pyramids dating back to 1,000BC. The Greeks and Romans also valued it herb for healing indigestion. In modern times, it is commonly used as a remedy for nausea, gas, vomiting, intestinal colic, headache relief, motion and morning sickness, and menstruation pain. See our articles on Peppermint Leaf in the Knowledge Centre.
Cautions & Warnings:
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.
- Consult a health care practitioner before using if you are: pregnant or breastfeeding; or if you have gallstones or anaemia.
- Do not use if you have allergies to plants in the Lamiaceae (mint) family.
Values & Dietary Considerations: Wilderland's Peppermint Leaf is Universal. This means every drop is:
- Canadian-grown and Regenerative Organic
- Non-GMO (Non-Biofortified)
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
Strength: 1mL=1:6, QCE 167mg/mL
Active Constituents: Evidence-based research regarding the bioactivity of the phenolic constituents include rosmarinic acid and several flavonoids, primarily eriocitrin, luteolin, and hesperidin. The main volatile components of the essential oil are menthol and menthone as well as menthyl acetate, pulegone, alpha-pinene, sabinene, terpinolene, ocimene, gamma-terpinene, fenchene, citronellol.