HARMONIZE YOUR GUT & URINARY BACTERIA WITH UVA URSI LEAF TINCTURE
Uva ursi, also known by its common names Bearberry or kinnikinnick, is a well-established antibacterial herb. Meant for short-term usage, Uva ursi can aid in eliminating bacterial urinary-gut overgrowth and in treating persistent SIBO. As a mild diuretic, it can also increase urine flow, prevent UTI-onset, manage urinary bacteria and paracites, and reduce inflammation in the urinary tract which can cause painful urination. Take daily to balance and harmonize gut and urinary bacteria.
- Canadian-grown, sustainably wildcrafted Uva ursi leaves.
- Distilled Yukon mountain-spring water, and Certified organic ethanol alcohol.
- Shake well before use.
- 1.5-3.0mL, 3 times daily.
- Take Uva ursi with water on an empty stomach. We suggest first thing in the morning as the blood will absorb the extract quicker and will improve results.
- Avoid taking Uva ursi tincture within 30 minutes of taking caffeine as it reduces efficacy.
- 50mL and 100mL bottles come with graduated droppers.
- 250mL and 500mL bottles come with screw caps only. If you would like to add a complimentary empty 50mL bottle for dosing, please note this in your "Special instructions for seller" at checkout.
DID YOU KNOW? A significant portion of digestive issues stem from an imbalance of gut bacteria causing small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) which can lead to symptoms such as bloating, excessive gas, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, indigestion, and heartburn. Uva ursi herbs may be helpful in tricky SIBO cases because they target a specific type of bacteria called hydrogen sulfide-producing bacteria. Uva ursi, which contains glycosides, is metabolized into hydroquinone in our bodies. This transformation gives the herb potent antibacterial properties that can be very helpful for those suffering from persistent and complex SIBO. See our articles on Uva ursi in the Knowledge Centre.
Cautions & Warnings:
- Drink adequate water. Uva ursi is a mild diuretic.
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.
- Consult a health care practitioner before using if you are: pregnant or breastfeeding; or if you suffer from kidney disorders.
- Do not use if you have allergies to plants in the Asteraceae/Compositae (daisy) family.
Values & Dietary Considerations: Wilderland's Uva ursi is Universal. This means every drop is:
- Canadian-grown and Sustainably Wildcrafted
- Non-GMO (Non-Biofortified)
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
Strength: 1mL=1:4, QCE 250mg/mL
Active Constituents: Active Constituents: Evidence-based research regarding the major bioactive chemical constituents of Uva ursi include hydroquinones; mainly arbutin (Hydroquinone-[beta]-glucoside) and methylarbutin; iridoids, monotropein; flavonoids, quercitrin, isoquercitrin, myricacitrin and others; tannins, volatile oil, ursolic, malic, ellagic and gallic acids.